The following general conditions are governed by the provisions set forth in act 18829, decree 2182/72, and resolution 404/72. Andes Vertical S.A. hereby sets its general operating conditions for the information to the traveller:
Terms & Conditions
When the traveler (as well as any person who has a reservation under the traveler’s name) sends the reservation form and it is accepted by Andes Vertical, it is understood that the traveler agrees with all the conditions herein and certifies that the information submitted in the reservation form is complete and true. Andes Vertical, on accepting the reservation, agrees to fulfill its obligations provided here. How to book your adventure before booking your holidays with us, we recommend that you carefully read the detailed description of each trip. If you require any further information, you can contact us via email or telephone available on our website. It is important for your enjoyment that you choose a trip well-suited to your experience and capabilities. Please do not hesitate in asking any questions as we can advise you in this regard. Once you have made your choice you can book online or send us an email to confirm your booking. A non-refundable deposit (depending on the trip) will be required. You should consider securing the appropriate travel insurance at that stage at this stage as this may safeguard your deposit in case of potential subsequent cancellations. In any case, Andes Vertical will require you to have proper travel insurance before the start of any of our activities. This must cover accidents and medical expenses and cancellations.
Received reservations will be confirmed once the traveler sends the completed and pay reservation form. Each person participating in the trip must fill out a form and provide all the required information. Andes Vertical must be immediately informed of any changes in that information. The traveler may send the reservation form via “We travel booking software”, or through the company’s website. In order to confirm the reservation Andes Vertical, we will require a non-refundable deposit between 30% and 50% of the total cost of the trip (depending on the activity).
See the Payment of the balance due.
In order to confirm the reservation Andes Vertical, we will require a deposit between 30% and 50% of the total cost of the trip (depending on the activity).
For reservations from two days before the departure date of the trip, the company requires a 50% deposit.
To confirm a reservation one day before the trip, the traveler must pay the total cost of the trip by the booking link provided by email, or bank transference, if the price exceeds the u$d 500 with a 5% of surcharge
For Aconcagua expeditions, the company requires a 20% deposit.
We accept payments by card, cash, bank transference or via Paypal (with a 5% surcharge).
Once the booking is paid, you will receive a confirmation of the reservation to the traveler via e-mail, which will include all the relevant information about the trip. Andes Vertical will send a reminder to the traveler by e-mail that will include contact telephone numbers and related relevant data.
The balance due must be paid before departure date by credit or de it card bank, directly to our bank account or by cash on the day of the activity. Exceptionally, scheduled expeditions must be paid at least 30 days in advance.
Additional fees: 5% surcharge – payments via PayPal and 2.5% using your credit or debit card
Prices advertised in Andes Vertical’s publications are expressed in USD. The traveller shall pay the ruling price at the time the reservation is accepted. Prices may be subjected to changes without prior notice due to market fluctuations affecting the cost structure. Any price increase shall be paid prior to the date of the trip without exception.
The price of each excursion varies depending on the number of participants in each group. As for the modification of the number of participants in a group, we will finally apply the pre-established price to the final number of participants of the tour and we will apply cancellation fees to the participant or participants who decide to cancel the trip. If the traveller wants to make any change in a reservation that has already been confirmed, he/she must inform Andes Vertical by email and pay an administrative fee of $15 USD per person/change.
Cancellations of day adventure trips (treks, btt, rafting, and horseback riding)
The 30% of the reservation is a non-refundable cost. It covers administration costs.
Also when we have a reservation on a specific date, we add more passengers to the same reservation included solo travelers, when people cancel a trip another passenger gets affected by the same cancelation, in some circumstances we need to cancel the trip to other clients because we do not reach the minimum passengers required.
It can be made by “sending an email” to Andes Vertical. For the cancellation before twenty (20) days of departure date, the company will retain 30% of the cost of the trip, up to ten (10) days prior to departure 40%, up to five (05) days a 50% to 48 hours before and 100% if it occurs within 48 hours.
Cancellations of scheduled expeditions can be made by “sending an email” to Andes Vertical. Will be charged 30% of the cost of the expedition, regardless of when the cancellation was made. Refunds will be transferred to the traveler within 30 days after the cancellation date. Cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice before the activity will not be refunded.
Cancellation from 2 to 6 days horseback riding (Andes Crossing)
The 10% deposit is a non-refundable amount that the company needs to cover administration costs, fees, office hours, etc.
For any private trip, we require a non-refundable 50% deposit. The deposit also covers a minimum part of the cost at the time of cancelations since when people cancel the company lost the possibility to cover this spot with another passenger.
It can be made by “sending an email” to Andes Vertical. For the cancellation before twenty (20) days of departure date, the company will retain 20% of the cost of the trip, up to ten (10) days prior to departure 30%, up to five (05) days a 40% to 48 hours before the departure will be held the total fare of the trip.
COVID19 Exceptionally we will make a 100% refund in specific cases related to the COVID19 pandemic, in that case, we will require documents to demonstrate that the reason for the cancellation has a relation with the pandemic. Example: Airline cancellation due to the covid19 reasons, any official information of your country about local information of confinement, in case of covid19 symptoms or disease a doctor certificate, or a covid19 test certificate.
Andes Vertical may change some itineraries, including services, departure dates, etc., always for the purpose of providing better service or due to major unexpected events (e.g. natural catastrophes, adverse meteorological conditions, bad road conditions, or road damage). Andes Vertical also reserves the right to cancel any activity due to major events or if the minimum number of people required for any particular activity is not reached. In that case, Andes Vertical will inform the traveler who will have the option to 1) Demand a refund of the cost of the activity “prior to the departure date of the booked trip” to Andes Vertical (except between the 30% and 50% of reservation cost “non-refundable”)
2) Choose another activity ” prior to the departure date of the booked trip” (any differences in costs will have to be paid by the traveler or by a refund by Andes Vertical in each case).
- In our expeditions only the expressly aforementioned services are included. On their arrival at Penitentes, Mendoza, Argentina, each client will be given a copy with a full list of the included services.
- The agreed itinerary for each expedition is for guidance. All those who hire our services automatically accept possible changes within the itinerary for reasons beyond The Company. On arriving at Penitentes, Mendoza, Argentina, each client will be given a copy detailing the agreed.
- Andes Vertical and Partners Company reserves the right to refuse admission of those clients that the company should find not mentally prepared for a particular expedition.
- During the course of any expedition, the Guide Responsible shall reserve the right to request any client whether they should return to the Base Camp or abandon the expedition. That will be possible if that person, in accordance with the Guide’s judgment, is not fit to continue participating in such an expedition.
- If, for one reason or another, a client decides to abandon the expedition before its completion, no refund of any kind will be possible.
- Clients will be responsible for covering all the expenses that separating from the main group/guide may imply, whatever the motives are.
- If the weather, or any other reason, make it impossible to complete the objective of an expedition, no refund will be possible.
- The participant of an expedition will be responsible for all the expenses incurred in case that he or she decides to abandon the expedition before completion, or needs to be rescued whatever his/her motives are.
- Andes Vertical and Partners Company´s is not responsible for any expense that may be incurred if the expedition is delayed on account of the inclemency of the weather, strikes, thefts, the course of nature, restrictions or Government regulations, any transport fault on the point of arriving or departing according to the planned schedule, or any other discrepancy beyond Andes Vertical and Partners Company´s’ control.
- If a client decides against participating on the expedition at any time before the date of departure, no deposit refund will be possible. The amount of the expedition will be reimbursed in full if the person cancels his/her participation 60 days before the expedition commences. If the client calls his participation off on the very same day of departure, no reimbursement of any kind will be possible.
- Andes Vertical and Partners Company will not be responsible for the terms and conditions of any airline ticket.
- Andes Vertical and Partners Company will not be responsible for losses, thefts or luggage/equipment damage, and that includes no costs that such losses or damage may imply. If Andes Vertical and or Partners Company decides to cancel an expedition on account of any reason different from the aforementioned ones, payments shall be reimbursed in full.