Traditional Rock Climbing in the Andes Mendoza
If you are looking for the best traditional rock climbing in Mendoza, a challenging adventure in the wild, big walls on perfect granite and long days climbing, here is the perfect spot! You don’t have to go to Patagonia to suffer lengthy approaches and risk getting shut down by bad weather!
Located 130 kilometers southeast of Mendoza, at 9186 ft | 2800 m and close to the Chilean border, the area we will take you to is one of the most popular destinations for climbers in South America because of the quality of the granite that makes up its walls and the beauty of its climbing routes which can reach up to 1640 ft | 500 m in length. This area provides numerous fully equipped or traditional climbing routes with incredibly high-quality cracks, an ideal option for an amazing traditional climbing experience on a big wall. This is a full day activity and multi-day excursions are also available.
• Good fitness and previous experience in rock climbing
• Experience in multi-pitch sport climbing, belaying and setting up a rappelling / abseiling system
• Carlos Daniel peak 885 ft | 270 m Difficulty 6a | 5.10b
• Campanile peak 721 ft | 220 m Difficulty 6a | 5.10b
• Charles Webis peak 721 ft | 220 m Difficulty 6b | 5.10d
• El Cohete peak 1640 ft | 500 m | Difficulty 6a/b | 5.10 b/d
Good fitness and previous experience in rock climbing
Experience in multi-pitch sport climbing, belaying and setting up a rappelling/hrs abseiling system